Cosmopolitan's Sign Almost Complete

Cosmo's main strip-front sign is almost complete. Perched atop the southeast corner of the podium, it is mostly clad in LEDs. The logo (on top) looks rather small from the strip. Barely readable.

Thoughts?

Trackbacks
  • Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 1
  • 7/6/2010 6:23 AM Jim Yelnek wrote:
    Mark,
    Great pictures! One question for you. It looks to me like the slanted windows that are similar to storm windows on a house in the midwest will cause leakage problems. Am I wrong?
  • 7/6/2010 8:11 AM Greg wrote:
    Finally....it seemed to take forever to get a good sign up there. So many tourist types seemed to assume the Cosmo towers were an unfinished part of CityCenter. The sign seems to blend well with the architecture--fortunately they did not go the way of the PH Towers logo!
  • 7/6/2010 11:54 AM zachary wrote:
    I think the sign and the building looks done.
  • 7/6/2010 12:10 PM w j philips wrote:
    I definitely agree that the lettering is ridiculously small (Especially for Las Vegas), maybe they were trying for an"understated elegant effect". Anyway, they failed whatever the intent was.
    Not a good 'Sign', pun intended.
  • 7/6/2010 1:34 PM Allen wrote:
    Be interesting to see what it looks like illuminated. Maybe it's powerful enough to mask the small nature of the lettering.

With no lights, it just looks like a big black monolith- and here comes a monkey with a bone!
  • 7/6/2010 10:18 PM James wrote:
    I'm curious to learn if it is a Young Electric Sign Co(YESCO) or not. It was always fun to go around to the hotel signs and look for the YESCO logo.
  • 7/14/2010 7:12 PM Moe wrote:
    I love the Cosmopolitan, from its sleek architecture to its prime location. But I must say I'm disappointed by the sign. Black monolith or LED miracle, the small lettering on the top makes it look very pedestrian.
  • 7/15/2010 4:22 PM lyndonWEEKS wrote:
    I think the sign being small against the large facade and towers makes the hotel more elite... but that is my opinion. when it is complete I would love to be a guest there!
  • 7/17/2010 2:26 PM zachary wrote:
    I think I am glad that the sign is almost done because veer from city center is open. That I can see Cosmo is done to see veer looks ugly.
  • 12/19/2010 9:55 AM Rick M wrote:
    Looks very interesting from the photos, but what happened to the little Jockey Club.

Page: 1 of 1