Cosmo's Exterior Lighting

After four failed attempts to capture the exterior lighting on The Cosmopolitan (every time I went down to the Strip, they were off), I have opted to use some shots of more fortunate photographers. I have added several shots from Jay Abramson and a few Flickr-finds by Las Vegas Lover.

Trackbacks
  • Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 1
  • 9/17/2010 3:41 PM Jesse wrote:
    It's interesting to see the logo was removed so the "THE" could be moved to the top of the sign and the "COSMOPOLITAN" letters could be enlarged. It was definitely too small before, and they just admitted to their mistake.
  • 9/17/2010 7:28 PM keith wrote:
    it has a small resemblance to what the Stardust had, minus the whole blinking part.
  • 9/17/2010 7:30 PM Mike from Canada wrote:
    Hey Mark, thanks for posting these photos of the Cosmo. I like the look of this project. The pool landscaping looks very nice. However, I thought it all looked too perfect. Then I checked back on your photos of the pool area take from Vdara on 6/19/10 and realized that the trunks in those photos appear to be just 'columns' minus the tops. Am I right that these are artificial palms? Is this typical of hotel pool landscaping in Las Vegas?
    1. 9/22/2010 10:39 AM ss wrote:
      Yes they are false, you can see the palm leaves, laying on the pool deck, next to packages awaiting installation
  • 9/17/2010 8:59 PM zachary wrote:
    I think Cosmopolitan is going to be then CityCenter.
  • 9/18/2010 8:18 AM Greg wrote:
    Overall, a job well-done. The blue horizontal bars create a very nice effect with the random spacing...it would be great to see both towers lit up.
  • 9/18/2010 7:17 PM DJ wrote:
    Mike from Canada, Its not typical, but I believe I read before that they had to use fake palm trees since real ones are extremely heavy and this is on the roof.

So far it seems like a lot of shots have surfaced of the pool on the Vdara side, but has anyone seen any from the one out front? I was just wondering how close it was going to be to the original 8/7/06 renderings that made it appear to be an infinity pool with a real sand beach.
  • 11/30/2010 7:28 PM Bill Adams wrote:
    My wife and I have reservations at the Cosmo for opening night 12.15.2010. Reservations includes cocktails in the room (hopefully, on the balcony if the weather is good) and then dinner for 2 at any of the restaurants. We are already in Vegas now and the lighting is getting even better as the opening approaches. It will be very interesting to see how opening night goes as this is a beautiful hotel/casino from outside (you can see the casino floor through the windows).
    The Cosmo has worked very hard to make the Jockey Club as miserable an experience as possible. The ugly flat gray walls that surround the Jockey Club on 3 sides plus some frontal area just a few feet from the building has to have been done intentionally and clearly accomplishes the purpose intended!

Page: 1 of 1